South Jersey Facts
Click on each county to view more information.
The Senator Walter Rand Institute for Public Affairs was organized to honor Senator Rand’s legacy of public service to southern New Jersey and to his home town of Camden. WRI serves as a research and public service center for Rutgers-Camden, the southern campus of the state’s land grant university by engaging Rutgers-Camden faculty and students with public administrators, elected officials, non-profit organizations, and community leaders to address the real world challenges that shape the lives of South Jersey citizens.
- The Cumberland County Positive Youth Development Coalition, with assistance from the Walter Rand Institute, coordinated a successful Curfew Sweep in Millville, NJ!
- Honoring the Contributions of South Jersey Citizens at the 13th Annual Walter and Leah Rand Awards and Scholarships Dinner
- Camden Capacity Building Retreat
- Presentation on how rebuilding our cities can teach us how to win wars, given by David Foster, President, Cooper’s Ferry Partnership
- David Foster, President of Cooper’s Ferry Partnership, gives a presentation at Rutgers–Camden about his experience in Afghanistan.
- Presentation to the Governor’s Task Force on Recidivism at Opportunity Reconnect
- Back to the Community: A day-long conference at Rutgers–Camden on Prisoner Re-entry Policy and Challenge